Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

July 28, 2014

Well I am lacking on the pictures as of late so I’ll have to get back on that one, but it is chevere (means cool in Spanish) (as my comp would say) here in Victoria!
This week has been full of good and funny experiences. We are constantly laughing here and this week we also found a few good and very promising investigators!

We have decided that we are going to start a dictionary by Elder Stoor on spanish ... haha It seems like every week I am coming up with new words that make life a little more lively. For example, one day I wanted to say that I was very gassy and well gassy in English makes sense but as I tried to form the word into Spanish (which I think would be gasoso) I decided its better as gastado.... which in spanish means worn out or used.... so now we have secret codes for when we are really ´gastado´ haha...

Lately I have been coming up with a theme or a focus for every change and so this change It is based off of a scripture that I have recently shared in efesios que dice that we shouldn’t  serve with eyeservice, like those who please men moresoever like servants of christ, happily doing the will of God. I truly testify to that. This change I have been learning how to work harder and harder along with my comp as we are basically opening a new area. Sometimes the late nights or early mornings pay off so that we can become better. But it isn’t worth much if we are doing it with the wrong attitude. Learn to love life. I know I am still learning but this week I have recognized how much I have learned!

In church on Sunday several key events helped me remember some key events in MY life that have helped me get to where I am today. The change that I was seeing was immense and well kinda surprised me! But the surprise was a good one! Throughout our lives there are many changes that we make or that God helps us make and sometimes being impatient humans we look for the ´instant´ when God works little by little.

So this week I invite you all to take a look at your life... read your journal, ponder experiences, etc and most importantly ask God for help to help you recognize the changes that you have made in your life!!

This is one of a series of videos that I really like that focus a bit on change!
https://www.lds.org/pages/mormon-messages?lang=eng#daily-bread-change


Love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment