Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014


 
Well this week was a little rough. Everyone has been out for vacations and so we haven’t been able to find hardly anyone here to teach..... Lots of walking with lots of heat....
 I feel really out of place here in Victoria.  Bigger houses and cars and I feel like I am closer to the U.S. haha ..... Aside from the 100 degree weather....
 I have been loving my change with my new comp Elder Ordoñez. He is great and a very talented Elder. I am supposedly training him but feels like he is training me. We have been working great as a team and when people start getting home this week they’re not going to be able to stop us haha! We have taken this area and done a full turn around in these past few weeks. I have felt like my calling in the mission has been in the repair department with Branches and Elders. There are very few things better than to hear compliments from members and see the confidence you are gaining with them and also the changes that I have seen with the people with whom I work.
 That leads me a little to my spiritual thought today. As I have been working my booty off to get things done and do them right, as many of you I am sure are doing, I have had the thought at times ..... man, only if the President knew...or if the members knew what I was doing for them ... ect etc . Because we are a people that like gratification and we like to be commended for what we do. However, sometimes these thoughts aren’t the most righteous to have, as we are counseled in Ephesians....
 This is some of the greatest advice that I have received here while on my mission and I think its great advice for us all. I pay special attention to the work Eyeservice..... What is eyeservice and how would it be different from service?? And also that I testify to the truth stated that we will receive our reward from God of from our leaders.... just in time and with humility.....
 Being a wrestler I have learned to love the instant gratification that can be received when we do or excel in what we should. But as Jesus said, those who pray so that all may hear have their reward and those in secret will be edified in Christ... which would you prefer??
 This week take some time to do the things you should and don’t tell a soul.... don’t boast or make a show. You may have to do this week after week after week but your  prize shall come and it is sweet.
I share this with love and hope that we might all become more Christ like and I share it in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi my name is Maddie! I have a missionary in the MTC who will leave for Tampico on August 18! I don't know if this is a mom or friend that runs this blog but I would love it if someone could email so I could ask a couple questions! It would mean the world to me! My email is madspack@icloud.com
    Thanks so much! And this blog is so great!

    ReplyDelete