Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014
A great family in Panuco!!!

Another family that while i was in Panuco I helped their son get out on a mission and the parents go to the temple! Great experience!

          This is how I slept all the past hot changes in panuco!!!! It fixed my back!!!!

 
Well changes have gone down and I have been moved to Ciudad Victoria!!! It’s good and a big change. I’m not in the sticks for once haha. I feel so weird walking around here because it’s not the Mexico I’ve gotten to know the past year. Everyone has cars and there is a little more money here.

 The difficulty of the area however has not changed. We will be working hard and hope to see lot of success here. I also continue serving with outsiders.... my 4th one in a row. I have been called to train here in Victoria and my son is from Ecuador! He’s great and we’re surely going to have a great change!

 I’m a bit short on time making up for not writing last week but I just wanted to share a bit about how sometimes the little things make all the difference. Cada vez a missionary changes areas it’s an opportunity to change.... to make the changes that are necessary and keep progressing.  I have decided that this area I am going to include a lot of the little things.... little things like an extra prayer or waking up a tad bit earlier to get in some more study.... but most of all I have learned and gained a great amount of love for this marvelous work and I am going to make the best of it!

 Sometime missionaries make a bit mistake and become comfortable in their teaching and missionary attributes and stop progressing and  it’s really as shame to see it happen. But for a missionary lack of change will only pass by for a second. When a member or someone in general falls into a trap of not progressing it can last years or even decades! For some of us sometimes things happen like they happened to the brother of Jared..... not zane but the other one..... In the book of Mormon. In Ether 2

 5 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded them that they should go forth into the wilderness, yea, into that quarter where there never had man been. And it came to pass that the Lord did go before them, and did talk with them as he stood in a cloud, and gave directions whither they should travel.

 6 And it came to pass that they did travel in the wilderness, and did build barges, in which they did cross many waters, being directed continually by the hand of the Lord.

 7 And the Lord would not suffer that they should stop beyond the sea in the wilderness, but he would that they should come forth even unto the land of promise, which was choice above all other lands, which the Lord God had preserved for a righteous people.

 13 And now I proceed with my record; for behold, it came to pass that the Lord did bring Jared and his brethren forth even to that great sea which divideth the lands. And as they came to the sea they pitched their tents; and they called the name of the place Moriancumer; and they dwelt in tents, and dwelt in tents upon the seashore for the space of four years.

 14 And it came to pass at the end of four years that the Lord came again unto the brother of Jared, and stood in a cloud and talked with him. And for the space of three hours did the Lord talk with the brother of Jared, and chastened him because he remembered not to call upon the name of the Lord.

 15 And the brother of Jared repented of the evil which he had done, and did call upon the name of the Lord for his brethren who were with him. And the Lord said unto him: I will forgive thee and thy brethren of their sins; but thou shalt not sin any more, for ye shall remember that my Spirit will not always strive with man; wherefore, if ye will sin until ye are fully ripe ye shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord. And these are my thoughts upon the land which I shall give you for your inheritance; for it shall be a land choice above all other lands.

 How many of us have been foolish like unto the brother of Jared and have forgotten to call upon the Lord or to keep looking for the land of promise? When was the last time we made a change to better our relationship with Christ? I invite you to all reflect as I am reflecting to make the changes necessary to come unto Christ..... I love you all and have a great week!

 
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1101413031001

No comments:

Post a Comment