Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sept. 9, 2014

Sept. 9, 2014
                                                      Some photos of downtown Tampico


 A little boat that takes us across the River to another area


 

Well, these past few weeks have been nuts. The work is picking up and we are having a blast! Things are good here in Tampico and I just about couldn’t ask for more.... maybe just a few more months extra in the mission haha.....
My time is short but the experiences are great and many. Here in the city I have learned to look both ways 3 times (even when it’s a one way), to look down because who knows what you might step in, but also to look UP! Since  the average Mexican is shorter than I and in perfect line for my forehead and lastly the longer, darker and smellier the alleyway the more future investigators you will find haha
But anyways I have had just about one thing on my mind all week and that is the power(s) we receive through the atonement. I have found my favorite Mormon message that talks on just a fraction of the feelings and changes we can make thanks to the atonement!  Here it is!

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-07-006-the-hope-of-gods-light?category=mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2014&lang=eng
No matter where we are or where we’re headed the power received, even if in small increments are what will perfect us on the road to salvation. Don’t wait, don’t hesitate, look forward, move forward, be better, be a Saint.... perfected in Christ and if that occurs you will have found the greatest joy that one... in this world can find!  I have been so blessed to have experienced this joy, for short moments here in the mission. These moments I will NOT be able to forget and are the most precious moments in my life.
As my wise father this week wrote me, I remembered that what I feel and experience is not entitled to just missionaries or even fully active members of the church..... It is available to all and we are all invited to take part in this great plan of happiness!

Love you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment