Monday, April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014

April 28, 2014
We were playing with the lizards in our house one night


Me and Elder Mis when we went to Rancho Chico again

That is today ... inside our house .... its summer again!

Well, this weekend I ended up in the tiny town of Rancho Chico with Elder Mis and it was once again quite the adventure.  I got to see a chicken fight (super cool)... I fought with a chicken haha and  we had some really great spiritual experiences as well. One I would like to share....

 We met with a single adult that is less active to try and give him some excitement for the mission.  I will call him Bob. Bob went to sacrament meeting where I and my comp gave talks.  Later we gave him a surprise visit before he headed to work. We shared a really good message on the priorities in our life and some answers to some pretty profound questions in Alma chap. 5. We finished by helping  him recognize that he needed to repent and explained  what repentance is. The lesson came to an end and this young man gave one of the most sincere prayers I have heard in my whole mission. Praying to God, Bob asked for forgiveness and acknowledged his faults and asked for help along with giving thanks for the wonderful spirit he felt in the lesson.

 What a high point for a missionary! But that’s not all. After the prayer he mentioned that what I spoke on in church was exactly what he needed to hear to open his heart and thanked me for that.  What a blessing to have spoken by the spirit.  Then he bore his testimony of the wonderful feeling he had in his heart and that during the prayer a back pain that he has had constantly had disappeared.
Even then it still wasn’t over. Recognizing his weakness he then asked for a blessing to help him know what to do to keep the feeling he had in that moment. So we were able to give him a priesthood blessing and we sent him off to work. What an amazing experience that can’t make the half of it into words.

I wanted to share this to remind you of the importance of always being prepared spiritually. You never know when you will be called upon to change someone’s life!

 Love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment