Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 14, 2014

April 14, 2014

 Our very happy and energetic district

                                 My comp thoroughly enjoying my hammock after a good days work

Me and Elder Tuñon the day of changes and off went Elder Tuñon!

Well, sorry I didn’t get too much out this last week but we had ... well complications.

Well these last weeks have been rough. We lost just about every investigator that we had and we have been having a hard time finding people that are willing to progress. I feel as if I were Nephi when writing in the plates that these things will be for our own condemnation ha. I feel as if I am missing something that just is not starting up the investigators. So I did some studying and found some interesting stuff. But first......

This week we have had to be in the house a little more than normal for some ab-normal mission procedures and we have had extra time to study each night.  One can only study so much before getting so sick of being in a chair haha.... Like me.... so in boredom me and my comp began hunting cats. Yes you read that right. We have a ton of cats around our house.... wild cats and we have been baiting them luring them into the house and shutting all the doors so they freak out. It has been quite interesting and we have had so much success that we began tagging them to see how many times the same cat will fall for the same trick. I wish I had some photos to show you but I took video and so you’ll have to wait till I upload it to facebook in about a year haha....

 But anyways on a spiritual note.... this week I began studying the Old Testament a little more so that I can better copy the characteristics of Christ as well as some of his teaching techniques and I have found this that really woke me up...

In Matthew 10 it says this

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.

 This kinda made me interested..... because this is Jesus Christ speaking and that sounds a little weird in line with the focus that we put on marriage and families however I understand much better what is trying to be said in the following statements....

 37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

 38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

  39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

 Now do we get it? He is saying that even if we love our family more than him, which is common, we are sinners and that above all he is...... have you thought in this way before??? He is saying that even the family , hopefully the most important thing  in our lives, can  become a foe if it gets in our way of the Lord. But how many other things do we put before him???  I thought about this and  I also want to testify to this. That I know that if we can find the love and loyalty in our hearts to love God and his son more that all..... all the rest will follow. It seems hard at first but once it is practiced it all makes sense. I promise and testify to this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment