Thursday, February 6, 2014

Feb 3, 2014

Feb 3, 2014

                                      This was our cadillac for the two hour trip to paso real!   


This is one BIG orange!

Our shower!

our one room house haha!

the Branch Rancho Chico
 
WOW what a week!
This week I spent time in a little, little  pueblo called Paso Real (estacion palacho)... It’s basically a farming community of 400 persons or so. They  just built a new tiny chapel out there and we were sent out to conduct an open house for the community. It was amazing I loved the people and the living situation haha...... I love to camp and well I felt like I was camping all week! This is because we lived in a block house of just one room with one light bulb and no running water no bathroom and well haha the shower shows up in the photos.,.. and bucket of water!

 The living situations were a little different for the norm but also the situation spiritually. This Branch is potent! We had in all about 55 or so pass through the chapel where we were basically teaching lesson 1 ... or the restoration of the Church. It was amazing to see and feel the spirit acting in those passing through the church building!

 We started off by focusing in on the picture of Jesus in the Garden moments before beginning the atonement and explaining the love the Lord has for all of us..... moving to another portrait of Jesus we taught about the other important things Christ did... such as baptism and the organizing of the church of Jesus Christ. From there we talked of the loosing of the priesthood and other important parts of the church.... normally this is where we got the attention and led into the first vision.... Id like to copy it here because thanks to specific words of Joseph smith and his experience many felt as if -they were in the air- as described one sister.

 I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
17 It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved son. Hear Him!

 This is a Truth... I have known but now know at an even greater level that Joseph Smith saw Jesus at the side of our Heavenly Father and I know that many more in this little community know it to.

 There were several as well that wanted and tried to contradict or twist my words but I can and will bear testimony as well..... As incorrectly translated as the bible is it testifies of truth and that truth back our doctrine soundly. I may be a little new to the mission and even newer to the bible but even the most knowledgeable Catholics that passed though could not deny the doctrine. This is the church of Christ!

This among the experience to work with members that clearly have a strong testimony and know that this is a church of service and sharing made for a fantastic week! I loved every min of it and more than anything because I got to take part in the hastening of the work ... working hand in hand with members to bring the salvation of souls to all!

 I love you all and look for the missionaries and help them out! I promise you will be blessed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment