Monday, November 4, 2013

November 4, 2013

Nov 4,2013

My new district and  new companion

My birthday cake!

                            My birthday meal... it’s what I got with my birthday money ha
They have some crazy wooden masks

 
Some of the dancers of the dia de muerte

 Wow what a week! It was sure different being a holiday week it was really hard to find many people to teach as all were participating in the festivities of dia de muertos and dances called Huehues. It was really cool and interesting but as mentioned made for a hard week of work.

 The settings have changed...  have a new companion who is new so I’m training and still trying to better the language while trying to plan the day and lessons. It was a huge change with a lot more responsibility but it made me a lot more focused on the work and I’m loving it more than ever now haha! 

Had some birthday celebrations with investigators and some members which was a lot of fun! It was hard to remember it was my birthday because we continued in the work and all I wanted for my birthday was a day of success and well... it didn’t come ha.... but I’ve got a lot of hope that things will start progressing rapidly here this week! 

 I don’t have a lot of time left but this week in my study I studied about the life of Jesus Christ and his example for us and found some very interesting and new ideas that I shared with investigators for some powerful lessons. I was looking at his life and the perfect example he gave us. First when he was found teaching in the temple luke 2. 42 to 49. I loved where he states he was only doing the Fathers work. This shows he spared no time in doing his fathers will and recognizing his purpose. Second we find him in the waters of baptism. Luke 3. 21 and 22 where the father says to him how pleased his is that his is doing his will. I liked in 2nd nefi 31. 5 where it talks a little more on his baptism and how important it is for us. The Lord wasn’t baptized to be cleansed but to follow the commandments and continue in showing us the way. Third I found him fasting and suffering for 40 days with temptations to show that even though we live perfectly, life won’t always be easy... but if we will remember our purpose we can conquer anything.... Luke 4. 1 to 8. Also  he is teaching the sacrament Luke 22 15 to 20. So that we might always remember him.... and his example so that we might become more like him. Lastly he showed his love by suffering more than humanly possible for all of us that we might be able to become like him in perfection in being freed from sin and faults. I challenge you to ponder these scriptures and the truly perfect life Christ showed us so that we might be perfect like unto him and our Father and receive eternal life- the greatest gift. 

 Love you all and may God be with you! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment