Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan 12, 2015


Jan 12, 2015




 
Well it’s been getting kinda cold again haha.... I think we may have even got down into the 50´s the other day!!!!! Never thought that 50 degrees was so cold.... and it gets even colder when none of the houses have central heating and in our house we don’t have a water heater.... haha so those showers in the morning wake you up really good! I have been practicing my traditional Mexican yell when I turn on the water......

AYAYAHAJAJAJAJAJAiiiiiiiiiiii !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHa but anyways things have been going great here! I have been super busy with a few different assignments and because of those assignments I haven’t been able to write much because I use up my computer time making formats and typing up plans haha,,,,, but I am lovin it so oh well!!!

I don’t know if a have explained on the blog but here in the mission I have been assigned to what I believe to be my final area. I have been jumping around a-lot and even though I have gotten really good at opening areas, Helping "prodigal" missionaries and battling to lift some of the struggling areas here in the mission I plan to have a good moment here to stick around and see the fruits of my work. We are in probably the most beautiful area in the mission and one of the most difficult. We only have 2 active members in our area and here we haven’t seen a baptism for over a year. However, me and my greenie Elder Vargas are loving it!!!! We are finding tons of people (teaching in one week the lessons they had taught previously in one month here) and we are having a blast...(see the photos)
There is something really special about working in a pueblo. I am afraid I am going to find it very hard to go home. I love it here. I love the work and I love the people. As I ponder on all that I have experienced over these past few years I am amazed and what I have done but more so what being here has done for me. The Gospel is amazing.  Working for the Lord in the salvation of souls is an amazing thing and that is why I am so fond of a wonderful promise in my patriarcle blessing  which states, "Through your missionary activities while on your full time mission, in you church assignments, and in you daily activities, you will continue to share the gospel with those around you and be an instrument in the Lords hands to carry the gospel to many" .  I know that this blessing is not just for me but for all of those that want to partake of the fruits of the first resurrection and the highest degree of glory with our father in heaven.

 invite all to come unto Christ.  Love your Savior enough to put some deep thought into the atonement and put it into practice.  Like Sister Jordan recently said... if you’re not happy here you’re not doing it right...... and well that applies outside the mission as well.... be happy, love everyone and let’s get to work! To work in the only work that we can do side by side with our Savior!
Love you all and have a great week!

https://www.lds.org/training/wwlt/2013/hastening/special-broadcast?lang=eng#media=16902107223790014226-eng

No comments:

Post a Comment